Quick Menu


Saturday 20 February 2010

Sneak preview of the birthday cake for a Football Mad Princess

Today we are celebrating the Birthday of my princess and this is a sneak preview of the cake that I quite literally just finished making. Well cakeS actually. Two cakes. One small and one big.

I made two designs for my Football Mad Princess. In case anyone can't figure it out, its an Arsenal jersey - the Football club she supports - with her name on it and the number 6 signifying her age.



I also made a Football cake for her as well.



Her actual birthday was on the 17th February and she was lucky enough to have the day off due to her kindergarten (and all other schools) being closed the whole week for the Chinese New Year break.

The Lovely Wife took the day off to spend it with the kids but I had to go to work. As usual we woke her up early and left presents under her bed.



One present was left under the covers of Mummy and Daddy's bed as it was too big to fit under hers - it was a small trampoline!



Later that night, The Lovely Wife cooked up a feast comprising of all of Sarah's favourite dishes. Her grandparents (my parents) came over too and a lovely meal was had by all.

My contribution was to make her a trifle!



This afternoon, the family - grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and godparents - will get together to celebrate her birthday. Stay tuned for more stories and pictures of the birthday...

8 comments:

Alicia Foodycat said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! This means I have been reading your blog for more than I year, because I am sure I was around for her last birthday! Lovely cakes and VERY lovely trifle. God I love trifle!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Aww Happy Birthday to Princess Sarah! And wow what cakes! That's amazing Dharm :O How lucky to have these two cakes and have the day off school? That's got to be the kid's world trifecta no? :D

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Another triumph in cake baking Dharm. I know you will have photos up so we can all see how excited Sarah will be to have such a delicious cake (2 cakes) so lovingly made.

ms. kong piang said...

Can I be Sarah's sister? I've already graduated 20 years ago so you can save on my college fund and just feed me cake.

Well done PD and a big birthday kiss from me.

d said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
d said...

can i please have the exact recipe / method for the trifle? i have been looking for the perfect trifle recipe and yours looks pretty nice! thanks. sarah sure must have had a great birthday!
d

Dharm said...

D..I've posted about the Trifle before... if you search my blog, you'll find it. Else drop me a mail from the contact me tab....

d said...

oh sorry i did'nt check! found it now and thanks a ton - your method (i say method, because you are right, there really is no recipe to a trifle) sounds like just the kind i was looking for - thanks a ton, will try it soon and let you know how it turns out.
d
ps - i have been following and enjoying your blog, am sure yyour kids know how lucky they are!