Quick Menu


Thursday 27 August 2009

My Daring Bakers Grade...and some escargot

Alright, I’m coming right out and saying it. I didn’t do the challenge this month! So if you came to this blog looking for the challenge, then it isn’t here. Sorry. I wanted to do the challenge, I really did, but I just couldn’t find the time to fit it in.

I’m actually very sorry I didn’t do the challenge. This marks only the Second Challenge that I have missed since joining the Daring Bakers back in July 2007. So… including my first challenge, this should have been challenge number 26 for me. So having done 24/26 gives me a percentage score of 92.3.

If you include the extra credit for the Pretzel Challenge (this was the very first challenge that kick started this group) then my ‘Grade’ would be higher yet! Aaaahh.. if only I had scored this well when I was studying for my Engineering Degree in Uni many years ago…

So anyway.. I didn't get to do the Dobos Torta, that was the challenge for this month hosted by by Lorraine of Not Quite Nigella and Angela of A Spoonful of Sugar.





I leave you anyway with pictures of my two children trying Escargot or snails when we celebrated The Lovely Wife's birthday at the beginning of the month. I feel it is very important to expose them to different kinds of food and so when we saw Escargot on the menu, we decided to order half a dozen. Not the best I've had but exposure for the kids nonetheless!

9 comments:

maybelle's mom said...

I often had classes where the teacher dropped the lowest score, so hey, why don't get a free pass once in a while?

Elle said...

I love escargot...and would make it before a dobos torte any day. Didn't have time to make the challenge this time either, so no Land of St. Honore' story...perhaps next month we should combine James and St. Honore' (depending on the challenge). You make the grade anyway in my book!

glamah16 said...

I didnt do the challenge either. Love escargot and glad you are exposing the little ones to this delicacy.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Aww what shame you didn't get to do the challenge as I'm sure you would have made a beauty but yes life does get in the way doesn't it! Your pictures are gorgeous -and escargot? They'll be food bloggers in the making before you know it! :)

Deeba PAB said...

92.3 is very good by my meagre standards DBC! Was looking forward to some Bond escapades but found escargots instead! I don't think I'll ever get that adventurous in my life My friend! Good for you. Your 2 little ones are sweethearts! Hugs to you...xo

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i didn't do it either. looks like it was a good one, but it happens every once and awhile. your little ones are very adventurous to be eating snails!

Lauren said...

92.3 percent? Thats awesome. Especially since thats only 2 months in more than 2 years. (plus bonus challenges!)

Lisa said...

Dang, I was looking forward to seeing your Dobos Torte..however, the photos of your kidlets eating escargot (i never would have touched them at that age, and I still don't..lol) are priceless! Too cute!

toontz said...

I think your DB extra credit should be counted. I have already flunked (due to outside circumstances of my family life), so I am very impressed with your record! I have never had escargot, and agree that is so important to expose your children to different foods. Growing up, my father hunted, and so I was exposed to a variety of (very) interesting meats and fish and even reptiles. Some were great, and some were....interesting. But it is always been fun to say “Yes, I have eaten frog legs and they taste just like chicken” lol. My husband does not hunt, so we have to expose them to different foods as best as we can. Last night I fixed the family Vietnamese Spring Rolls, just so they could see how they were made, etc. What fun!