Quick Menu


Wednesday 21 January 2009

Jam Tarts



I'm still experimenting with photo sizes using Flickr. What I've learnt so far is that it takes a bit more time and effort to load on to Flickr and then link the pictures. However, the results certainly ARE much nicer as you get larger pictures with much better clarity. I haven't decided if I'll stick to the Flickr option yet though...

Back to food! These tarts were made by The Lovely Wife for Christmas. The base is a lovely shortcrust kind of tart and the top/filling is Pineapple Jam. These kind of tarts are very addictive and I'm sorry if that sentence caused you to smile and think of the 'two-legged variety of tarts'. It certainly made me smile. I'm sorry. I'm just a bad boy.

Sorry too that there isn't a recipe for this. Sometimes it's difficult to get certain information from the Lovely Wife...

6 comments:

Meeta K. Wolff said...

how delicious! looks easy and perfect to make with the kids!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

These remind me of one of my favourie packaged cookies as a child from the Peak Frean company. They had jam in the middle in a shortbread-like cookie.... mmmm

Ivy said...

Pineapple jam!! Never had it before but I can only imagine how lovely the taste must be. Love the shape of your cookies.
I haven't tried uploading from flickr but Picassa 3 is great.

Kavs said...

Those look good... its been ages since I've seen jam-tarts in those shapes - now its mostly those rolled-up store bought types!

How much is it going to take to get the recipe out? :-)

Naomi said...

Oh so gorgeous! You've got me salivating. I love Jam tarts and esp home made sort. I might make them!!! Oh lovely. I really miss those tastes. Remember suji biscuits? can you still get them? the large sort? My grandmother used to make them and caterpillar biscuits which I think were just hers - oh so lovely.

David T. Macknet said...

You have Flickr? Yay! here's me!

I find that, while it does take a bit of time, it's made easier if you copy some snippets of code out into a notepad or into your blog's post template. I'll email you.