Quick Menu


Thursday 6 November 2008

Sarah's BBQ Part Two - Mashed Potatoes


Mashed Potatoes to me are a MUST at any Barbecue. The Lovely Wife wanted to make a Potato Salad but I insisted on Mash simply because my little princess wanted Mashed Potatoes, so how could I refuse?
This was a little last minute as I had forgotten about the potatoes as I was busy with starting the BBQ and all sorts of other tasks. But I guess that's the beauty of Mashed Potatoes. As long as you have already boiled the potatoes, the rest is dead easy!

I dont think a recipe is required for mashed potatoes, but this is what I did:

8 potatoes - peeled, cut into quarters and boiled till soft
Generous Glob of Mayonnaise
Glob of soft Butter
Dash of Salt and Pepper
Spash of milk
Spring Onions for garnish

See? Nothing easier. Just mash all the ingredients together, tasting every now and again and you have a lovely creamy dish of mashed potatoes. Dress it up a little with some chopped Spring Onions for a 'wow' factor!




My little princess enjoyed the mash and that was all it needed to vindicate me from the Potato Salad that the Lovely Wife kept insisting would be much better. Sometimes, not often, but sometimes, Daddy really Does know best!

6 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Love mashed potatoes. Love potato salad.
Maybe both next time.
I'm always a trouble maker.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Sarah and I are like two peas in a pod. I love mashed potatoes too:D

Anonymous said...

It's interesting that mashed potatoes epitomize BBQ for you. For me, mashed potatoes are all about winter and saucy foods like gravy and roasted meats.

For me BBQ sides are coleslaw, corn on the cob, potato salad, bean salad....

sj said...

I love mashed potatoes and yours look divine! Delicious :) Nice to meet you!

Our Food Recipes said...

Hi...you have a great informative food blog. Loved the mashed potatoes. Just added and "faved" you too. Hope you can add Our Food Recipes. Thank you

Alicia Foodycat said...

I've never had mash at a BBQ - I am all about the potato salad! But this is such a great looking mash!