Quick Menu


Sunday 25 May 2008

When Mummy is away, Daddy will Play...Choc Orange Cupcakes


This is the final part of the fun I had with the kids - cooking up a storm - while Mummy was away. In the first part of this 'series', I posted about Chocolate Roasted Bananas that we had for dessert. In the second part I shared the main meal which was Scotch Eggs.
This is another dessert that we had after lunch as well as throughout the day. Yes, we certainly did have fun while Mummy was away!

The inspiration from this actually comes from one of the readers of this blog - Angela. She had shared her cupcake recipe with me where the cupcake moulds are half filled with batter, topped with coloured sprinkles and then covered up with more batter. I thought that was rather brilliant and so I decided to make my own version of cupcakes, using my tried and tested Butter Cake recipe but flavoured with some Orange Oil. Then, instead of sprinkles, I put in some delicious Belgioan Dark Chocolate Buttons!
This is what I did.

Ingredients:
230g (8oz) Flour
2 ½ tsp Baking Powder
230g (8oz) Castor Sugar
250g Butter
4 Eggs – lightly beaten
2 tsp Orange Oil
1 Tbsp Honey
4 Tbsp Milk

Method
Cream butter and sugar till light and ivory coloured
Add eggs a little at a time
Fold in flour (sifted twice with baking powder)
Add Milk, Honey and Orange Oil
Quarter fill cupcake moulds. Add in Chocolate Buttons (or any other filling you would like)
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 25 mins till golden and done





The chocolate melted and stayed kind of soft and gooey even when the cake was cooled. It was really nice biting into the orange cupcake and finding the dark, luscious chocolate inside. The kids certainly loved it and The Lovely Wife was rather thrilled as well to find cupcakes when she returned home that evening.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

bi yudum versene

glamah16 said...

Glad Mummy could taste some of the fun shenanigans!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

The kids sure had fun while mommy was away...but so did dad:D

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Great idea Dharm...The kids must have had a blast!

Ruth Strong said...

You really have had some fun haven't you!

These sound great! I'm sure they disappeared fast.

moto kurye said...

I will cover in my next article.

motorlu kurye said...

I truly love your post. Excellent job!

kurye said...

Nice post.plz help me i also want to post here.

tuzla kurye said...

ne keki bu

gebze kurye said...

sadeue benziyor

kurye said...

bence güzel görünüyor

KAĞITHANE KURYE said...

Kurye, Moto Kurye, Motorlu Kurye, Acil Kurye, Hızlı Kurye, İstanbul Moto Kurye,
moto kurye,kağıthane kurye, beykoz kurye, maslak kurye, sarıyer kurye, yeniköy kurye, tarabya kurye
https://www.alomotorlukurye.com

Anonymous said...

hp
huawei
oppo
android
android
ipad
batam
iphone
mixcon
haier

şehirler arası kurye said...

Nice post.plz help me i also want to post here.