Quick Menu


Saturday 12 April 2008

Spicy Sausages ala Pub snack food!


All kids somehow love sausages and most Birthday Parties usually have a large tray of cocktail sausages sitting on the table. I like to serve sausages for my kids birthday's as well - but with a difference. Usually, I cut up the sausages and fry them with tomatoes and some herbs to make it a little fancy.

When deciding the menu for my daugther's party back in February, I decided to make sausages again but this time, I made it somewhat like how they make it in Pubs. Most, if not all, of the pubs in KL serve fried sausages as an appetizer or snack. The way they make them is hot and spicy with a lot of onions and chillis.
I thought I would replicate that and since my kids have no real problem with spicy food, I used loads of chillis, onions as well as black pepper. I also threw in some curry leaves!


This is what you do.

Sautee some chopped garlic and slice onions till fragrant. Add in curry leaves, black pepper and sliced chillies and lightly fry. Throw in the suasages, cut into thin rounds, and mix well. Continue cooking till sausages are cooked through. Sprinkle with more black pepper.



These are delicious eaten on its own or with some bread. Even better with a cold beer!






5 comments:

Meeta K. Wolff said...

oh yeah i could really have a huge pile of this. forget the kids parties this is perfect for grown up party too!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I would love to have a huge platter of this dish Dharm...kids here would go for hot dogs....just not as adventurous:D

glamah16 said...

I've never seen sausages done up like this. In Germany I had curry sausage and loved that. But this looks yummier with all the chilies.

KJ said...

I'm not one for spicy food, but I would have a hard time resisting this. It looks delicious!!!

Ruth Strong said...

I love cocktail sausages.... have loads of great memories of them at birthday parties, christmas, easter and also of my mum making them for dad to take to the buffet for the golf club.

These sausages look incredible, great use of sausage!