Quick Menu


Saturday 21 July 2007

Broccoli with Caramelised Onions


Yeap, today was a rather busy day what with making the Dory Fish as well as the Chocolate Pudding and also this dish.
I normally leave the vegetables to my wife to cook but this time thought I'd try out a slight variation on stir fried broccoli. No real recipe here but I think the difference is the caramelised onions. Again, no real secret here. Just fry the onions slowly in just a little oil till they are nice and browned and start to release their sugars. Then add in some garlic and the broccoli and fry quickly. Season with salt and the dish is done! The onions give the broccoli a lovely sweetish flavour and even my wife was surprised and how good it tasted.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

TBC said...

Hi Dharm,
It's my first time here. You have a nice blog with some good recipes. This one is so easy & is super healthy. I wonder why I never thought of using broccoli like this before!