Quick Menu


Sunday 22 July 2007

Tagged for a Meme

KJ from A Cracking Good Egg tagged me for a meme quite some time ago. I must apologise for taking so long to get down to it but I've finally got off my butt to attempt this.
What I'm supposed to do is to post 8 random facts about myself. That might be more difficult than it seems but I'll give it a go anyway. After that, I'm supposed to tag 8 other people but I reckon I'll leave it as an open tag so that whoever wants to do it can just do it - just let me know as I'd like to read about it too.
If I bore any of you to death, I do apologise....!!

1. I first started to make desserts and bake at a very early age. I think I was about 9 or 10. I used to help Mom with the desserts and my very first dessert was a chilled cheese cake.

2. I studied Engineering in Melbourne, Australia and although I started baking young, I only really, really started cooking as a student. My favourite dish to make was Kheema (Mince Beef Curry) and my flatmates used to get fed up that I always cooked mince. It wasn't really always though......!

3. When I make something tasty or something turns out well, I announce to my wife "Ah McCain... you've done it again." This is in reference to an old TV advertisement in Australia where McCain frozen foods are used to save the day for a party or dinner the host has wrecked... yeah, my funny sense of humour shows up here.

4. I was involved in a nasty, nasty auto accident back in 1987.... and have lots of scars to show for it.

5. I love chocolate. Anything chocolate is good. But at the same time I dislike White Chocolate. In my mind, White Chocolate is not chocolate at all..

6. I love Aviation and that means anything to do with flying, planes, helicopters. I used to build model planes (Airfix) when I was young and still try to do some these days. I'm trying to inculcate that in my son too. I was lucky enough to work for the Airlines for 8 years and then another aviation related company for about 6 years - so I've been fortunate to have worked in my dream industry.

7. I always wanted to be a pilot and fly for a living. However, my father advised me to go "get a professional degree" and so I opted to do Engineering. I'd have chosen Aeronautical Engineering but there wasnt much scope for that in Malaysia at the time. So I did a double major in Mechanical and Computing. No regrets! While on the topic of flying, I was actually taken flying by my ex-Boss, Rob Black in Melbourne. We flew a Piper Seneca and it was awesome!

8. I've loved Sesame Street for as long as I can remember. I hate Barney though. And I've passed this on to my two children!

There, 8 random facts. Thanks KJ for tagging me. I've never really been tagged for anything before - just blamed for a lot of things....!!!

2 comments:

KJ said...

Thanks for answering. I think Sesame street is actually quite funny. Bert has always been my favourite.

Peabody said...

If I am home and up early enough, I still watch Sesame Street...and I'm 35 with no kids :)