Quick Menu


Saturday 2 January 2010

A New Year... a new blog banner....

Happy New Year everyone. It's hard to believe a decade of the new millenium has already gone by. When I was in the 20th Century, I could hardly imagine how people lived in the 1900's, 1910's, 1920's, 1930's...

I knew that the great depression happened in the 30s, WW2 happened in the 40's, I was born in the 60s and then came the 70's, 80's and 90's. My own kids will be old and grey by the time the year 2060 comes around and I will off course be long gone - or maybe a ripe old 90 something! 2060 will be the '60s to my children and I wonder how much more advanced we will be by then.

Anyway, life goes on and we get older day by day. Live well, live happily and be thankful for all that we have. That is what I have learnt and what I will try and practice this year.

With the coming of the new year, I make a little cosmetic change to my blog with a simpler and brighter banner. There will probably be more changes as time goes on but then again, maybe not. Who knows.

I'm going to try and blog more regularly this year and catch up on all the old photos that haven't been posted yet. Try being the operative word - no promises! I'm not going to start of the year with making promises that I can't keep. Matter of fact, I'm going to keep to that train of thought and just keep trying - day by day, taking one day at a time without making promises. At least not promises that I cant keep!

So blessed New Year Everyone and I raise a glass to you and yours in the hope that nothing but Peace, Love and All things good come your way. Above all, May the Blessings of God fill your lives in every way.

5 comments:

Alicia Foodycat said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, Dharm! I look forward to all the food you will share with us this year!

Ivy said...

Hope the New Year brings you and your family health, prosperity and happiness.

Elle said...

HappY New Year to you and the family Dharm. Love the clean and bold new banner! Really like that there will be no promises...refreshing at the beginning of a new year to see that. Blessings on all whom you love.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

A warm welcome to the next decade Dharm from you and your lovely family. The year is full of possibilities.

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Happy new year to you and your family!