Quick Menu


Sunday 3 May 2009

Chicken Mushroom Casserole


This is one of my favourite dishes to make. Its easy and yet so tasty. I make this fairly often, especially when I want something that is hearty, will fill everyone up but yet simple.

I was quite sure I had posted about this before, but a quick check shows that it has never seen the light of cyber space!!


I made this for dinner the same day that I made the Daring Cheesecake, so I wanted something quick and easy. We had invited Raymond and Priya for dinner as well so The Lovely Wife made a Tuna Pasta Casserole (that is another favourite that hasn't been posted) for our non meat-eating friend.





Ingredients
1 Chicken
1 tsp turmeric
4 garlic cloves - chopped
1 onion - chopped
2 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
200 g button mushrooms - sliced
2 carrots - pared and sliced
125 ml cream
Paprika
Black Pepper
Method
Wash and clean the chicken. Rub with some turmeric and then cut into pieces. Fry Black pepper, oregano and basil till fragrant. Add in the onion and garlic and cook till tender. Add in the chicken, mixing well till nicely browned then add in the mushrooms and carrots, cooking till slightly softened. Add in the cream and season with salt and more pepper. Pour into a baking dish and bake in a 180C oven for about 40 minutes or till chicken is very tender. If sauce is too watery, pour back into the pan and add some corn flour diluted with water. Put back into the baking dish before serving. Season with paprika.



This dish is especially tasty with rice but I see no reason that it wouldn't taste just as good with pasta of even with loads of bread to mop up the sauce. All that matters is that the kids enjoyed it and that, to me, is a success in my books!

8 comments:

giz said...

Mushrooms just add that richness that is second to none. Lovely dish Dharm

The Food Hunter said...

Looks delicious.

luckysanjana said...

HI there . anything baked is a hit with me.........i just love the smell of baked cakes, bread, casseroles..............i live by my nose as you can see..........lol...........looks really yummy...............

giz said...

Thanks for the kind words..come on over and visit http://www.bloggeraidmarketing.ning.com. Share your awesomeness with us too :)

Thistlemoon said...

Looks so yummy Dharm! Something that is good enough to please everyone! :)

Chefspiration said...

mmm...you can never go wrong with a casserole...and with mushrooms too! ohh delish :)

Y said...

Hello
stumbled accross your blog via DB. i think its fantastic that there's a malaysian participant!

Jaslyn said...

Hi, Dharm! It's Jaslyn from cutiepieohmeohmy. Thanks for visiting my blog, yours is really lovely as well : ) And that dish looks amazing!