Quick Menu


Saturday 7 July 2007

Asian Fusion Linguine - Presto Pasta Night


The kids wanted some pasta (again!) for lunch this weekend. They always want either a cream based or tomato based pasta but this time I thought I'd try something different.

I decided to make a pasta with an Asian influence. It turned out rather nice - sort of a mix between a sweet and sour sauce and a black bean sauce. Again, there is no real recipe to follow as I just chucked in this and that with a smidgen of this and a toss of that. But this is basically how it goes:

1 large onion - chopped finely
4 cloves garlic - chopped finely
1 tsp oregano
black pepper
250g brown mushrooms - halved
400g minced chicken
4 medium tomatoes - quartered
1 large green capsicum - cubed into large pieces

[the sauce is estimates only]
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp HP Sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce

Method
Sautee the onion, garlic, black pepper and oregano. Add in the mushrooms and cook till juices come out. Add tomatoes and continued cooking till tomatoes are mushy. Add in the chicken and simmer until chicken is cooked through. Pour in about 1 cup of water and mix in all the sauces. Cover and simmer for about 10 mins. Add in the capsicum. Season with salt.

I like my capsicum in this sauce rather tender so I let it cook until it is almost soft. If you prefer crunchier capsicum, then just add in in before serving.



This is another submission to
Presto Pasta Nights hosted by Ruth at onceuponafeast

Oh and I forgot to add that the kids did enjoy the different flavour and taste!!

1 comment:

Ruth Daniels said...

It looks very interesting. How did the kids like it?

I've added it to this week's Presto Pasta Night Roundup. Thanks for joining in the fun. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.