Quick Menu


Tuesday 7 April 2009

St Honore in Hong Kong

The Lovely Wife and I returned recently from a short break to Hong Kong. While exploring this vibrant city, we came across this bakery and I just HAD to share it with all of you - especially all my friends in The Daring Bakers!
For those of you that don't know what the fuss is, St Honore is the French patron saint of bakers and pastry chefs. Saint Honoré or Honoratus (d. 600 AD) was the bishop of Amiens in France. Since he is the patron saint of bakers, that also kind of makes him the patron saint of The Daring Bakers!

So you sort of understand my excitement at seeing this bakery in Hong Kong. The Lovely Wife looked at me rather strangely as I got all excited and started focusing my camera and this cake shop. It was only after I explained the significance to her that she smiled, albeit still with a slightly quizzical look at me...




We found this bakery as we were exploring Flower Market Road and saw the shop at the corner of Yuen Ngai Street. It was only after our return from Hong Kong that I did a search on google and found that this bakery is located ALL over Hong Kong! This is the Website of the St Honore Cake Shop in Hong Kong so if any of you visit Hong Kong, be sure to pay them a visit!!

9 comments:

Deeba PAB said...

What a find Dharm...& can understand the high level of excitement. I would have done a ROYAL JIG!!Yes indeed, he's our saint too...*BOW*!! Next time I'm in HKG (bummer, was there twice last year, but no plans this year yet), will keep my eyes peeled.
Love the lovely wife's 'quizzical' expressions...LOL! You are such an engaging tale teller, I love it. Hugs to you too, deeba

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

It's great to know that most DBers would know immediately why you were excited by that sign ;)
Wish I could say I'd be in HKG looking for that sign soon!

luckysanjana said...

Patron saint of bakers.....that one really had me laughing out loud..........

Elle said...

Dharm, you are so right...very exciting for a true baker! Perhaps the Land of St. Honore' is Hong Kong!

giz said...

I would have found it odd to find a St. Honore Bakery in Hong Kong too. You have to share more HK pictures.

Thistlemoon said...

That is such a fun find! :) Food bloggers are so fun on vacation - taking pictures of what others might consider strange! LOL! Welcome back and I am glad you had a nice little getaway! :)

Alicia Foodycat said...

Did you buy anything?!

ShellyH said...

Looks like a fabulous place!

pixen said...

Thank you for sharing the info about this place. I'm looking forward in my next trip to China. I'm also glad that you joined BloggerAid!