Quick Menu


Tuesday 1 January 2008

New Year Fireworks


I think fireworks are Standard Operating Procedure to welcome in the New Year regardless of where you are in this world. In Kuala Lumpur, there were many, many fireworks displays just as the clock struck Midnight.

As soon as I heard the "wheee, boom, hiss, Boom, boom" of the fireworks, I ran to get my Canon 400D while the Lovely Wife and my son watched the explosion of colours from our window. My daughter was exhausted and had already fallen asleep - so sound asleep in fact that the noise failed to waken her. I'm still not certain which fireworks spectacle we were treated to but suffice to say that it was one of the smaller ones.

These are some of the shots I managed to capture of the fireworks display. It was rather hard timing the shutter to coincide with the explosions but for a first effort at capturing fireworks, I am really, really pleased!







I used a full manual setting for my shots and set the exposure at various times ranging from 0.5" to 2". I only wish I had a larger zoom to get more detail. The pictures here have been cropped of course!

Once again, Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Happy New Year Dharm. Warm wishes to you and your lovely family!!

Cynthia said...

Hey Congrats on the new equipment and a very happy new year to you and the family!

Sara said...

Those are great pictures! Fireworks are an important part of new years I think. Hope 2008 is treating you well so far.