Quick Menu


Friday 31 August 2007

Merdeka!





Today is our Independence Day or Merdeka Day! Although this may be primarily a blog about food, today I fly my nation's flag with great pride on my blog for all the world to see!

On 31 August 1957, we gained independence from the British. Today we are a proud nation, just 50 years old. I'm not terribly patriotic or political, but I do feel there is something special about Merdeka.

My wish for the nation is that we continue to live in peace and harmony, away from all the natural disasters that seem to be striking other parts of the world. I wish that my children will grow up to also love this country and contribute to its growth, not just economically but culturally, socially, technologically and all manner of development. And I wish that all Malaysians, regardless of race or religion will continue to unite together as one.

Happy 50th Merdeka to all Malaysians!



To my manifold new found global friends, that want to read more about Malaysia, visit this wikipedia link

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

HI!!!!!!

Didn't have your number on my phone so didn't have the opportunity to send you my *ahem* Merdeka sms........

Selamat menyambut Hari Merdeka to you too!!!!!!!