Quick Menu


Wednesday 16 December 2009

Corn Muffins



My son has recently developed a love of corn. He loves Corn on the Cob, buttered corn kernels, basically anything with corn in it. With this in mind, I offered to make him some corn muffins. He wasn't sure whether he would like them but my little princess was game to try - and once she said she was game, my son willingly agreed.



I surfed the web for a recipe for corn muffins and I found a few but decided to try the one at Bakespace.com

The recipe is really quick and easy and produces tasty corn muffins.


Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 Tbsp baking powder
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 lrg egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup corn oil
8 oz can cream style corn

Method
Combine dry ingredients. Combine all wet ingredients. Combine the two mixures and blend just to eliminate the dry spots. spoon into 12 buttered muffin cups. Bake in 220C degree oven. 15-20 min until they test done.

Serve hot with butter and honey





I had made a stew to serve together with the corn muffins but the kids preferred instead to just devour them - first plain and then with honey! My son really liked these muffins and has learnt that when Daddy offers to make something, never say no. Who knows, it may turn out to be a favourite!

9 comments:

Deeba PAB said...

My kids love all things sweetcorn too...yum yum muffins Mr Bond! News of the challenge...dared yet? I haven't!! {HUGS}

Thistlemoon said...

Corn muffins are really good! So nice of you to encourage your son's love for corn!

Anupama said...

Hello Dharm,
Your blog is beautiful! Congratulations. Your passion for food comes out very well through your cooking and baking. There are so many things I want to try from your blog I don't know which one to begin with.

Happy Holidays,
Anupama

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

We all seemed to grow up on corn, sweet and dripping in butter. These are a great way to enjoy them year round Dharm.

Elle said...

Hard to believe that your son still didn't know that if you baked it it would be good! Great looking corn muffins...I'll have one with some honey, please.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Delicious muffins! I love corn too!

Cheers,

Rosa

Heather S-G said...

Oh they sound good...I love a good corn muffin...especially slathered with butter & drizzled with honey! :)

Lisa said...

Dharm, you're totally forgiven for not taking part in my challenge IF you send me some of these corn muffins :P!! Hope you're enjoying your holiday preparation (I can see you already are in some of your photos..your kids are SO cute!). *hugs*

David T. Macknet said...

Sounds delicious, and exactly like we make here! Yum!