Quick Menu


Wednesday 1 April 2009

Rosemary Carrots



Oh! Rosemary, I am but a fool,
Darling I love you tho' you treat me cruel,
You hurt me and you made me cry
But if you leave me I will surely die.

Okay, so now we all know that I'm old enough to know Neil Sedaka. Those of you in my age group (or older) would also know that its NOT Rosemary but rather Carol that Neil sings of.

If you arent confused enough already, then just know that this is my little attempt at being funny because today is April 1st and that means its April Fools Day.

In commemorating April Fools day, I first though that I would post my Fools Saffron Rice but realised I had already posted it much earlier together with my Kheema post.

So, looking through my 'as yet to be posted' pictures, I decided to post Rosemary Carrots.

This dish is remarkably easy to make that no recipe is really needed. Just cut the carrots into strips, season with salt and pepper, add in liberal amounts of fresh rosemary, toss with olive oil and then bake in the oven till the carrots are tender but still slightly crunchy.



What could be easier and yet so tasty? This dish is so simple that even a fool can make it - and that's probably why I love it so much!

Happy April Fools Day!

4 comments:

Meeta K. Wolff said...

I just love simple roasted veggies like this! perfect!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I have all of the inbgredients languising in my fridge right now Dharm:D

Alicia Foodycat said...

They would be so nice with some roasted lamb!

Anonymous said...

Look at the color on those carrots! YUM!