Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Lending the Queen a hand...

Not so long ago, in a Blog quite far, far away...



It is a period of great rejoicing.
The Queen has announced her wedding
to the handsome Roberto,
Minister of Technology from the St-Augustine System.

The Queen although so obviously happy
was concerned that her Royal Food Joust
would suffer due to her busy schedule
and perhaps even fall
to the evil Anti-Joust Empire

To allay the Queen's fears
a valiant Jedi Knight was chosen
Sir Obi-Dharm-Wannabe was chosen
to host the April Joust!


Yes, that's right! The Queen is getting married. Since she will be so busy, she asked if I could help out and... well, how can a Jedi Knight refuse his Queen??!!!

For those of you who don't know about the Royal Foodie Joust it's a fun cooking competition that is the brainchild of Jenn, The Leftover Queen.

The rules are fairly simple. 3 ingredients are chosen by the previous month's winner. All 3 ingredients must be used in your recipe but you can add as many other ingredients as you like. The recipes and pics must then be posted on the Leftover Queen Forum. Winners are decided by your peers on the Forum and the Winner gets a lovely personalised Apron! I was fortunate to win the January Joust and you can see for yourself the Apron that I won.

The ingredients for the April Joust were chosen by last months winner, who also happens to be one of my dearest blog friends - Valli of More than Burnt Toast. The ingredients are:
From the Sea (fish, scallops, clams, etc)
Lemon or lime
Coconut

Pay a visit to the Royal Foodie Joust Forumfor more information on how you can participate in this month’s event as well as the general rules!

There are some MINOR changes to the rules simply because I am in a different Time Zone - I think I am about 12 hours ahead of The Queen who is in the US EST Timezone. So, as discussed and agreed with the Queen, there will be some slight changes to the closing dates of the joust as well as the voting as follows:

1. No more entries will be considered for the joust after 10 AM Eastern Standard USA Time on the 1st of April. (so in essence, you lose half a day - so get your entries in early!!)

2. Voting will close on the forum @ 10 AM EST on the 6th April (so in essence you get a half day extra to vote). I'll also try and announce the winner soon after.. but at the latest by 10AM EST on the 7th April. The winner will be announced on the Forum as well as on this Blog.

3. I've also decided that since I'm hosting this month's joust, I will NOT be entering. I May make something but even if I do, I will not enter it into the competition. Just wanted to set that straight right from the outset.

Come join in the fun and good luck to all the participants.

And as a final word, Many Congrats Jenn and Roberto!

5 comments:

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH DHARM! :)

You are the bestest Jedi Knight any Queen could ask for! LOL!

But truly, Dharm, you are a life saver (or is it light saber..)

Bellini Valli said...

I know that Jedi Dharm will keep the masses in check:D

glamah16 said...

I have yet to participate in this event. I believe its about time!

glamah16 said...

Dahrm its late and I'm having issues posting my entry and navigating the forum. It says I paoted and I see no post.

NĂºria said...

What a great post, Dharm! I loved the simil you made!!!
We are in your hands now :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin