Monday, 4 February 2008

The Apron Has Landed!

All Hail the Queen!


As most of you know, my lovely friend Jenn, the Leftover Queen hosts a monthly cooking challenge, called the Royal Foodie Joust, where 3 ingredients are chosen and you have to cook something that includes all three ingredients. The winner gets a personalised apron.

I was fortunate enough to win the January Joust with this entry and I eagerly awaited the apron. Since I live in Malaysia, Jenn had to get the apron sent to her first and then she forwarded it on to me. So much trouble for our beloved Queen. The apron is emblazoned with the winning logo for the month as well as the name of your blog and the winning dish.

I had asked Jenn to send the Apron to my Mom's address since there is always someone at home there. I was so excited to have won the Joust and everyone was eagerly waiting for the package to arrive. So when my mom called to say that the package had arrived, we didn't waste much time in hurrying over. It helps that my parents only live about 15 minutes away!

Jenn had not only sent the apron to me but a lovely handwritten note as well! Thanks Jenn! She specifically asked for some photos so I thought I'd better bow to her wishes lest I offend Her Royal Highness.

The apron is lovely and is fully length adjustable. It even has two pockets at the base of the apron to put things into - maybe some spoons, a towel or maybe even a hammer and some nails if you want to multi-task!

My Dad thought the apron was fantastic and he reckons I should just hang it up in the hall for everyone to admire or better yet to just frame it up!!! He thinks that I won some Big International Cooking Competition and of course I did nothing to set him straight!

I had planned to take a picture of me wearing the apron with my kids on either side of me, pointing to the logo but I think they make much better models! As you can see, they had a great time posing for the pictures and I'm hoping that this will just spur them on to take an even greater interest in food and cooking.



I have to apologise to The Queen for taking so long to post pictures but better late than never right!

11 comments:

Bellini Valli said...

Once again congratulations on winning the Foodie Joust Dharm. Keep up the great work :)..or fun as the case may be!!

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

Wow Dharm! That post actually brought a little tear to my eye - to see your adorable kids wearing the apron and your hope that this small gesture might lead them to the kitchen someday. That is just so special and warms my heart.

I just want to formally acknowledge how appreciative I am of you and your participation in the RFJ and on the forum. It is because of you and all the other "regulars" that keep it going.

I am so glad you loved the apron and in my mind you DID win a huge international cooking competition. Not only that, but your ingredients have brought about the biggest RFJ ever! That is something to be proud of.

Thanks again Dharm! YOU RULE!!!

breadchick said...

Yea, all hail to you and your prince and princess who wear the new robe so well!

Congrats Dharm.

KJ said...

Congrats Dharm. Your children are too gorgeous!!

tadmack said...

Dharm, your babies are SO CUTE. (And would be so indignant at being called babies!) The recipe sounds quite tasty as well. Congratulations!

NĂºria said...

Congrats again Dharm! Your kids are so cute!!! They look lovely with the apron.

ley said...

Aww, your children are such sweet models! Congratulations (again) on winning, and on receiving the apron! It looks great!

Haha- parents are always so proud. My dad thinks I won some big celebrity-like competition, too. I suppose in the "blogosphere," we really HAVE won a big celebrity competition! :)

Superchef said...

congratulations once again!!!! n ur kids look sooo adorable in that lovely apron!! :)

Passionate baker...& beyond said...

Congrats Dharm...Bet you are really proud to wear the apron!! Have been following the Joust but haven't participated as yet. Hopefully will catch the next one...IF I survive this month's DB challenge. BTW, your kids are really lovely!!

Cham said...

Future Chefs are posing very proudly! The apron fits well to ur cuties. Congrats to win the apron!

Cris said...

Your kids are adorable!!! Congrats on the award, and apron and good food here!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin